1 min read
Health plans are facing the skyrocketing costs of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias (ADRD), however are unsure of the best approach to manage these growing expenses.
Although 77% of health plans and value-based care organizations cite addressing the needs of individuals with ADRD as either a “very” or “highly” urgent priority in need of imminent action, only 4% of these organizations report having a mature program in place today. Healthcare organizations realize that they need to take action to address the immense financial, physical, and emotional tolls of ADRD.
This is one of the key findings from a survey of more than 50 leaders from health plans and value-based care organizations conducted by Sage Growth Partners and commissioned by Together Senior Health in Fall 2023.
Download the report to learn more about:
1) Market signals regarding the already-high costs of ADRD
2) The number of plans currently unprepared for the shifting winds in this space
3) How plans can act now to get ahead of these costs with new and innovative solutions.
Sage’s recent research investigates this disconnect in dementia care.
Request your free copy today to access key findings, such as:
- There is a disconnect between perception and reality of cost. Are you aware that those with ADRD have among the highest per capita total healthcare costs?
- Plans want to invest in innovative dementia care but continue to rely on traditional care management programs. Are these care management programs effective for individuals with ADRD?
- Non-pharmaceutical interventions are wanted. Are plans waiting for a magic pill or acting on evidence-based alternative programs today?
Is your organization ready to manage the true cost of members with dementia?